MACOM designs and manufactures semiconductor products for Data Center, Telecommunication and Industrial and Defense applications. Headquartered in Lowell, Massachusetts, MACOM has design centers and sales offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia. MACOM is certified to the ISO9001 international quality standard and ISO14001 environmental management standard.
MACOM has more than 65 years of application expertise with multiple design centers, Si, GaAs and InP fabrication, manufacturing, assembly and test, and operational facilities throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. Click here to view our facilities. In addition, MACOM offers foundry services that represents a key core competency within our business.
MACOM sells and distributes products globally via a sales channel comprised of a direct field sales force, authorized sales representatives and leading industry distributors. Our sales team is trained across all of our products to give our customers insights into our entire portfolio.
Senior Software Engineer – Big Data: Embedded Software
The primary role of the Senior/Staff Software Engineer is to
define, code, integrate, and test C/C++ APIs and system level software for
RADAR applications. The ideal candidate has 5-7 years of experience defining,
developing, and testing system level software applications, APIs, and device
drivers. Prior experience with Python-based automated testing and GUI
development is preferred, and experience with RADAR systems and/or applications
is a strong plus. Qualified candidates must demonstrate the ability to define,
architect, implement, and test software solutions based on a set of high level
system requirements with minimal guidance in terms of the actual software
development. The candidate must also be comfortable in a fast-paced working
environment, be a motivated self-starter, an independent learner, and possess a
passion for taking on technical challenges. A solid understanding the software
development life cycle, Linux-based system level software development using
open source development tools and libraries, object-oriented programming, and
C/C++ are required.
- Define, code, integrate, and test system-level software, APIs and device drivers that provide control and monitoring of RADAR systems.
- Significant participation in system level integration, bring-up, testing and debug.
- GUI development for customer demonstrations and evaluation.
- Strong working knowledge of the system level software development life cycle
- Strong and recent experience in object-oriented design
- Strong and recent experience in multi-process/multi-threaded design
- Strong and recent experience in C/C++ programming
- Strong and recent experience with Linux open source tools and libraries
- Strong software testing and system level debug experience
- Strong and independent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to document software architecture, design and test plans
- Experience with version control, configuration management and integration
- Desire to work in a small, dynamic, and fast paced team environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain Secret security clearance.
Work Authorization: Because this position is part of a business
unit that contracts with the U.S. government, qualified candidates must be a
U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident.
- Experience with Python for test automation
- Experience with GUI development (Python based a plus)
- Experience with RADAR and MATLAB for signal processing algorithms and analysis
MACOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. MACOM will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military obligations, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law.
MACOM is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you have a disability and are in need of a reasonable accommodation with respect to any part of the application process please call +1-978-656-2500 or email HR_Ops@MACOM.com. Provide your name, phone number and the position title and location in which you are interested, and nature of accommodation needed, and we will get back to you. We also work with current employees who request or need reasonable accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of their jobs.