At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate common global projects and liaison with Global Function to ensure successful deployment across all Hard Drive Operation sites
- Harmonize common processes in (Site Budget, Manufacturing Apps Implementation, Compliance, Infosec) and adopt best practices and optimization
- Bridge the gap between Manufacturing Execution System (MES) development support and operation Level 1 support and establish collaboration Level 2 Support team with technical knowledge to analyze and troubleshoot issue effectively
- Oversees IT operational systems, processes, and infrastructure while looking for opportunities for improvement or revision.
- Anticipates and tracks IT operational and tactical risks and providing strategic solutions.
- Manages day-to-day business of the IT operations department in terms of Level 1 MES issue support, deployment, and evolution of new and enhanced application
- Raises and tracks issues and conflicts, removes barriers, resolves issues of medium complexity involving stakeholders and escalate to appropriate level when required.
- Works with sales teams to help set and meet daily and quarterly goals.
- Plays a significant role in long-term site IT planning, project status reporting, and implementing change control processes.
- Works closely with site management on other special planning and departmental projects.
- Oversees and reports weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual metrics.
- Identifies trends and assess opportunities to improve processes and execution.
- Interact with senior site management with regards to IT support strategy and issue resolution status.
- ฺBachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- At least 5 years in IT management capacity
- 5 years in the IT industry with strong imply diversified IT architectures. Skills in management systems, development personnel, and strong knowledge of networking, and telecommunication.
- 5 years in supporting operation critical applications and infrastructure.
- Managed systems integration project according to the contractual requirement and the project management plan
- Experience in Manufacturing application support
- Experience with IT Infrastructure deployment and support
- Application architecture and development experience
- Good in English Communication
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages VMware, Microsoft .NET, IIS, T-SQL & Team, and Splunk
- Excellent communication, people and managerial skills.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.