Ampere is looking for a creative and results-driven Sales professional to cultivate business with OEM and ODM/SI partners in China. You will work with customer base to respond to RFPs and cultivate new opportunities through evaluation, proof of concept and into production. You will be responsible for driving design wins, revenue ramp, margin control and strategic alignment around target customers/workloads.
What the Sales Team wants you to know
The Ampere Sales team is a collaborative and innovative group, jointly committed to delight customers and drive growth. You will develop and execute the strategic sales business plan, while managing the full sales cycle, driving design-wins and ramp of new platforms based on Ampere products, answering industry, company & technical questions, negotiating terms and prices, and closing deals. You will apply your wide-ranging experience and record of success in sales to drive company objectives and resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. You will have expert level knowledge of company products and services and may be tasked with introducing new products.
What you’ll do
- Strategically drive new business opportunities with OEM, ODM and SI partners in China. Partner with FAE to deliver revenue and design win targets for assigned regions/accounts.
- Develop near-term and long-term strategy to drive mutual growth and market adoption of Ampere-based platforms
- Cultivate a professional and consultative relationship with the customer, at the Executive Level, Purchasing as well as R&D, Marketing and Sales organizations, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the customer within their target markets/customers.
- Take a leadership role and accountability in working with cross-functional teams to develop winning proposals and submissions (RFQs, RFIs, RFPs)
- Generate new opportunities through existing relationships, lead-generation, and by scheduling and presenting at marketing events. Use specialty expertise to penetrate market segments and evangelize Ampere's solutions to customers on a partnership basis, or act as a dedicated resource to other strategic accounts.
- Follow up continuously on all potential sales pursuits, negotiate terms/pricing/contracts and advance them to closure. Follow up on incoming leads, schedule and present in remote or onsite meetings.
- Report key metrics (revenue and opportunity forecast, pipeline, opportunity status, challenges, and needs) accurately and in a timely manner. Participate in global sales meetings regularly to present/assess the status of all existing pipeline of leads, opportunities as well as potential future target companies and pursuit strategies
- Play a leadership role as an expert in the field and act as a mentor/teacher to other team members
What you’ll bring
- 12+ years as a Sales and/or Business development experience in Datacenter, IT and/or network/edge/embedded
- Demonstrated knowledge of server systems with emphasis on virtualization, storage, security, networking and/or data center technologies
- Demonstrated experience in closing large, solution-oriented opportunities. Ability to coordinate, navigate and motivate the range of internal/external influencers.
- Experience in business marketing/coordination and submission of winning proposals (RFQs, RFIs, RFPs), effective contract negotiations, appropriate/applicable interpretation of contract terms and conditions, issue identification, risk mitigation and ensuring post-win customer satisfaction
- Experience in proactively managing a sales territory, to include evangelizing a disruptive technology, prospecting, replacing an incumbent/competitor, and protecting the installed base
- Demonstrated expertise in specialty, consultative, solution selling and business development skills to align the customer's needs with our solution to drive sales and close deals
- Comprehensive knowledge of budget cycles, procurement processes, and contract vehicles
- Must be aggressive self-starter with strong relationship management and negotiation skills
- Has excellent written, verbal, and formal presentation skills to customer stakeholders and decision-makers, ranging from technical implementers through CTO/CIO levels
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
BS in Computer Science or related field or work experience equivalent.
Ampere is designing the future of hyperscale cloud and edge computing with the world’s first cloud native processor. Built for the cloud with a modern 64-bit Arm server-based architecture, Ampere gives customers the freedom to accelerate the delivery of all cloud computing applications. With industry-leading cloud performance, power efficiency and scalability, Ampere processors are tailored for the continued growth of cloud and edge computing.
Like the scientist behind its name, Ampere employees are innovators. We understand the needs of cloud computing and different software requirements. We are inventing what comes next and looking at everything from the structure of memory and how efficient the system is, to considerations on speed, cost of electricity and ability to cool. Power, size, weight and cost are driving the technology requirements and the innovation to come.Our world class team of engineers, with depth and expertise in the cloud and semiconductor industries, is not only focused on the development of new semiconductor designs but also building out the first software ecosystem for Arm®-based server processors. Through the Ampere approach to the cloud and edge, we give our customers the freedom to challenge the status quo and accelerate next-generation data centers for the most memory-intensive applications. Given the challenge we have outlined, we are building a culture of entrepreneurs that ensure customers come first, proactively approaching industry challenges in the areas of security, power and performance, delivering results that matter most.